The New Mexico Borderplex is a growing market offering many competitive advantages in costs associated with taxes, labor, land, building and construction.
New Mexico has one of the lowest property tax rates in the nation. In Doña Ana County, property tax rates for non-residential property (both real and personal) average 1.03%.
- Inventory is not subject to property tax
- Tax abatement incentives are available through both the state and local governments for a wide variety of projects
Labor costs in Las Cruces are well below national averages.
- Median wage rates for skilled production workers are 18% lower than the national average
- Administrative support median wages are approximately 20% lower than the national average
- Unemployment tax is 2% and workers compensation tax is $2.56 per $100 of payroll
- Fringe and mandated benefits are also lower in New Mexico than the national average
Land, building and construction costs are competitive with the rest of the country.
- Developed industrial sites are competitively priced from less than $1.00 to $2.00 per square foot
- Industrial building lease rates range from $3.00 to $10.50 per square foot
- Office lease rates range from $9.50 to $18.00 per square foot
Call us today at 800-523-6833 to learn more about the advantages of expanding your business in the New Mexico Borderplex.