White Sands Test Facility (WSTF) is located in southwestern New Mexico and has been a part of the NASA Johnson Space Center since its construction in 1963. WSTF’s primary mission is to provide the expertise and infrastructure to test and evaluate spacecraft materials, components, and rocket propulsion systems to enable the safe human exploration and utilization of space.
Beginning with Project Apollo in the early 1960s, WSTF has supported every United States human exploration space flight program. The facility continues to play a key role in the nation’s space effort by evaluating materials and components for use in propulsion, power generation, and life-support systems, crew cabin equipment, payloads, and experiments carried aboard the International Space Station.
WSTF provides the following services for government and commercial customers:
- Propulsion Systems Testing
- Altitude Testing
- Ambient Testing
- Fleet Leader Testing
- Unique Propulsion Test Expertise
- Oxygen Systems
- Propellant Systems
- Hypervelocity Impact Testing
- Composite Overwrapped Pressure Vessels (COPV)
- Standard Materials Testing
- Technical Services
- Component Services
- Fabrication Services
- Flight and Special Test Equipment Processing
- Measurement Standards and Calibration Laboratory
- Photo/Video Services
- Technical Publications Services
WSTF is just one of the many reasons the Borderplex is the Right Space for your aerospace business…Call us today to find out more.