As the leading economic development agency in the New Mexico Borderplex, MVEDA has identified seven target industries in which to focus its efforts based on our regional assets.
- Manufacturing & Logistics – Located in close proximity and with easy access to the maquila plants in north-central Mexico, the Borderplex is ideally located to take advantage of multiple transportation modes serving both U.S. coasts.
- Aerospace – Rapidly expanding opportunities in commercial spaceflight and the increased demand for Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS), the New Mexico Borderplex is gaining respect in aerospace and space-related industries.
- Renewable Energy – With an average of 340 days of sunshine and available land, the New Mexico Borderplex is ideal for the expansion of solar energy projects. Also, a good supply of brackish water makes it attractive for algal-fuel production.
- Business and Financial Services – With its high percentage of bilingual population and competitive business costs, an increasing number of business services companies are finding the New Mexico Borderplex an attractive market.
- Technology – A Carnegie Foundation ranked Research University with high research activity and an existing base of technology businesses, there is great opportunity for your technology business.
- Value-Added Agriculture – As a leading area for a number of food crops there are opportunities in food processing as well as bio-fuel production.
- Digital Media – Degree programs at the area universities and community colleges are training a workforce for film, digital media and gaming.
Call us today to find out more about the many opportunities in the New Mexico Borderplex.