The Borderplex boasts a young, growing regional workforce. Due to the lack of congestion on the area’s interstate highways, commutes between metropolitan centers are relatively short and used often. Many of the residents in the rural areas commute to Las Cruces or El Paso due to their employment opportunities.
- The regional civilian labor force within a one-hour commute exceeds 450,000 (U.S.)
- The unemployment rate within a one-hour commute is 9.7%
- The average wage per job within a one-hour commute is $34,668
- The median age within a one-hour commute is 34.6
- The average commute time is 20 minutes
- New Mexico State University’s main campus in Las Cruces has an enrollment of 18,024 (Fall 2012)
- Doña Ana Community College’s enrollment totals 9,894 (Fall 2012)
- University of Texas, El Paso’s enrollment totals 22,640 (Fall 2012)
- El Paso Community College’s enrollment totals 40,804 (Fall 2012)
- Many of the area’s Early College High Schools offer courses that graduate high school seniors with an Associate’s Degree in specialized technical areas
- There are a number of other specialized training facilities located throughout the Borderplex
Let us help you find the workforce and training opportunities for your business…Call us today.